What is Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)?
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) is caused by bacteria and can include infection of the kidneys, ureter (urethra), and bladder. UTI can be very painful, but if it is not treated in the early stage, it can also cause much serious problems and complications. If UTI is not contained properly, it could spread to kidneys, which would pose a very serious health issue. Cystitis is an infection of the urinary bladder and it is a very common health problem of women, which are more susceptible to UTI then men.
Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infection
UTI is mostly recognized by these symptoms:
- Pressure in the lower pelvis.
- Frequent or constant urge to urinate.
- Need to urinate during the night (nocturia).
- Painful urination (dysuria), traces of blood in urine (hematuria).
- Changed color of the urine, may be cloudy.
- Strong or foul smell of urine.
- Burning sensation.
- Fever, nausea, backache, vomiting may indicate kidney infection.
Causes of Urinary Tract Infection
UTI is caused by:
- Bacteria that enter urethra.
- Holding back the urge to urinate.
- Sexual intercourse, particularly in time of menstruation or in combination with anal intercourse.
Urinary Tract Infection Home Remedy No. 1: Treating UTI with Baking soda
We could probably find Baking soda in every kitchen and it is a simple but most effective home remedy that treats UTI, common infections and fungal infections of the Uretra. In time of first signs of UTI (urinary tract infection), take 1/2 tsp baking soda in eight ounce glass of water. Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) regulate the acid-base balance of the acidic urine.
Urinary Tract Infection Home Remedy No. 2: Treating UTI with Echinacea
To help your body fight the infection, take up to six capsules of Echinacea and Oregon grape root or goldenseal.
Urinary Tract Infection Home Remedy No. 3: Treating UTI by Drinking lots of fluids
In order to help your body flush the bacteria, you should consume a lot of water, which will cleanse your body, and special teas such as Uva Ursi, Chamomile, Juniper Berries, Horsetail, and Goldenseal.
Urinary Tract Infection Home Remedy No. 4: Treating UTI with Cranberry Juice
Cranberry juice prevents bacteria from sticking to the walls of the bladder and acts as a natural antibiotic in the the urinary system. Blueberry juice has similar effect as Cranberry juice.
Urinary Tract Infection Home Remedy No. 5: Treating UTI with essential oils
Massage the lower part of your abdomen with chamomile, geranium, lavender, eucalyptus, clary sage, tea tree and rose oil. It will soothe your pain and help fight the infection. A warm compress will soothe back pain.
Which food should be consumed during UTI: Urinary Tract Infection Diet
- Increase the intake of vitamin C.
- Make sure you consume healthy minerals, fresh fruits and fresh vegetables.
- Do not forget about Cranberry juice and drink plenty of fluids.
Foods to avoid during Urinary Tract Infection
When facing UTI, you should avoid foods that act as irritants, for example cheese, chocolate, dairy products, caffeine, spicy food, alcohol, cigarettes, carbonated drinks, and artificial sweeteners like aspartam and sorbitol.
No related posts.